Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The resurrection

About a year ago I started a travel blog as a way to keep people back home updated on my journey across Europe. People seemed to like (sort of)knowing where I was and what I was doing, along with my often humorous writing style. I found that it also served as a great way to document the trip as it was happening, before I forgot anything. With all this in mind, I have resurrected this travel blog to document my current endeavor into the Middle East.

When I told people that I would be traveling to the Middle East I got as diverse reactions as one could.
"What the hell is wrong with you?!?"
"Oh man I'm so jealous!"
"What's the Middle East?"
"Why don't you go to somewhere fun like Aruba?"

So many people just don't understand the region, many people hear about protests and wars and uprisings and nothing else. This is the image of the region that is so prevalent.
Stay tuned to this blog and I'm sure this image of the Middle East will be debunked.

No comments:

Post a Comment